Sometimes there just hasn't been enough room in the book to include all the information relevant
to a topic. Extra information is collected here, and organized by the chapter in which it would
have appeared if it had made it into the book. Items that aren't hyperlinks are articles I'm planning
to write - please mail me if
there's something you'd like to see which isn't currently in the list.
Additionally, I'm gradually migrating articles here from my
original C# home page.
Chapter 1 (introduction)
- Versions - more information on the difference between versions of C#, the framework, and Visual Studio,
including which parts of C# 3 are available when running Visual Studio 2008 and targeting .NET 2.0.
- Specifications - links to download every version of the C# specification I can find
Chapter 2 (C# 1 revision)
Chapter 3 (generics)
- XML documentation comments referring to generic types/methods
- Guidance around use of generic collection types in APIs
Chapter 5 (delegates)
- Closures - why they're important, and what they look like in C# and Java
Chapter 6 (iterators)
Chapter 8 (simple C# 3 features)
Chapter 11 (LINQ to Objects)
Chapter 12 (LINQ beyond Collections)
Chapter 14 (Dynamic binding in a static language)